i have been designated webmaster

hindry

small site......2-3 pages , handful of images and contacts. no e-commerce needed.

having been recently appointed official webmaster for our company(on account i am the only employee) i would like advice on what hosting and design services to use.

i used godaddy with site builder years ago. it was quite adequate.

however are there other hosts that might be better? or they all about the same?

also are there better web design programs.. godaddy uses "webuilder tonite" which they have recently upgraded. but i have read about wix and others . are they demonstrably better than godaddy's? especially do they have good customer support?

The 'web design programs' you are talking about are WYSIWYG editors (What You See Is What You Get) Most web masters either write their own code, or use programs like Dreamweaver or Expression Web and manipulate the code as needed.

For somebody without any knowledge of HTML and CSS and wanting to buidl a 2-3 page website, Godaddy's webbuilder will probably work as well as the wywiwyg builders of other hosting companies. I host with iPage, but have never used their 'drag and drop builder'.

Bottom line is with any of these 'builders', you cannot expect good coding, but should be able to create a decent-looking, functional site.

The 'web design programs' you are talking about are WYSIWYG editors (What You See Is What You Get) Most web masters either write their own code, or use programs like Dreamweaver or Expression Web and manipulate the code as needed.

For somebody without any knowledge of HTML and CSS and wanting to buidl a 2-3 page website, Godaddy's webbuilder will probably work as well as the wywiwyg builders of other hosting companies. I host with iPage, but have never used their 'drag and drop builder'.

Bottom line is with any of these 'builders', you cannot expect good coding, but should be able to create a decent-looking, functional site.

thanks

definately no coding...

but i take your drift to mean one WYSIWG is as good as another to build a simple site