Request for review

Guest findthatfile

Guest findthatfile

I would like to formally request a peer review of my site, http://ww w.findthatfil e.com [remove spaces]

Please comment on :

1. Cosmetics

2. Functionality/usability

3. Anything else.

Thank you.

Craig

A couple comments...

-- Use of the

tag on the home page. As far as I know, the center tag is depreciated...

-- extra code above the opening tag on all of your sub pages (ht tp://www.findthatfi le.com/privacy.html,f or example)

-- this image: http://www.findthatfile.com/images/mainbg.png seems to get partially cut off in some of the subpages (privacy.html, for example).

-- I find the banner ads at the top and bottom of the pages a little obnoxious, especially the animated ones, almost to the point where I might not use the service because of it. I am picky about that sort of thing though. Perhaps using vertical ads rather than horizontal ads might make more sense?

-- I'm not a fan of the items that are listed, but require Usenet. Just seems like spam to me, and it would be frustrating as a user.

-- I will also say that, from a usability perspective, it is frustrating to do searches for some types of media because of the lack of previewing capability. For example, not all images appear to have previews, and it would be nice to be able to hear a short clip of a song, a bit of the video, or a sample of the font before downloading. I would be nervous to download things to my computer without being able to see what I am downloading. Some of the items listed in the "Software Installers + EXE" section are lacking any details at all, leading me to believe that a high percentage of them probably contain malware or viruses. I'm on a Mac, and in general I won't get viruses, but it still feels highly insecure.