I'm on a iPhone!

PicnicTutorials

My wife just got one, my site looks good (third party, from stef's template site). I may be getting one, refurbished, but if not then an LG Vu. Wanted a blackberry... but all these new smart phones are all with such tiny buttons...

Couple things I immediately miss are - no copy paste - no css off so I can't see all the code when it's wrapped in code tags and if it has scroll bars. There are lots of apps though so maybe I can sort that out - hopefully or I'm bummed! Maybe I should have done more research before I bought. I have my choice of about five different browsers though...

I'm hoping to get an iphone eventually... currently though, getting the phone, and then paying the fee to cancel my service with my current provider and switch to a new provider is a bit too high.

Probably OK to wait though, since apparently there is supposed to be some sort of iphone event in the near future, either to announce a new version of the iphone, or updates to the software... Hopefully by the time I get around to purchasing one, Apple will have fixed some of the annoyances with the device (copy/paste, MMS, etc.)

Yeah I just did some quick reading on it - that sucks! I was hoping there would be an app for copy and paste. It's a slick phone though, but will take some getting used to. It's strange, the iPhone stock browser won't show scrollbars in the code tags but it can handle this complex code down to pixel perfection. http://www.visibilityinherit.com/code/drop-down-demo9.php

Ahhh... figured out one of the problems! I think it'll be a good web-dev resource - I'll just post all my iphone realizations/solutions/customizing as I go. Anytime there's scrollbars (like code tags and text areas) it seemed inaccessible to me on my iphone - but I figured it out (maybe I should read the manual first). You simply zoom in on that portion of the page, and then WITH TWO FINGERS you can scroll around in that box (up/down or left/right).

Awesome! I can view the source code for any page now by simply changing the http in the URL to "view". The iPhone app is called view source. I retract any negative comments I previously made. This thing is awesome! Now I can follow links and see exactly what your seeing, and see all the code. Now just to work out copy/paste and I'm in Business.

Done! iCopy! There are a couple others/hacks but I think thats the best there is. I just tried it out - works perfect! I can now copy text and URL's within Safari mobile browser.

Edit - there are also these, but they do not work on the Safari web browser (i.e. iphones browser).

Copiercin

OpenClip

MagicPad

Edited by Eric

Are you seriously trying to create web pages with it?

I like the enlarge feature for blowing up text and the larger buttons for doing things...

AT&T has unlimited Data, but no G3 in Alaska yet, but pretty fast still. If you order online with a 2 year contract you can get a refurbished iPhone for $99. Or an LG Vu for free which is the next best thing... also touch screen. Then there is the Sampson Eternity... but that is $199. I like the LG Vu better than the Eternity.

Are you seriously trying to create web pages with it?

I like the enlarge feature for blowing up text and the larger buttons for doing things...

AT&T has unlimited Data, but no G3 in Alaska yet, but pretty fast still.

No way - but that would be cool! No, I'm just trying to make it so i can play along while I'm at work.

As far as I know, Flash support on the iphone is not currently an option, due either to battery or security issues. Erik, I'm not sure what you are looking at, but I'm pretty sure that Flash isn't supported, even with a separate app.

Here is a round of changes that will be included in iPhone OS 3.0... due sometime this summer. (Note that this is a operating system change only, not a hardware change.) At the moment, it's really only for developers to play with until it is officially released. Includes MMS, copy/paste, push notifications, global search, etc. http://i.gizmodo.com/5171796/iphone-30-os-guide-everything-you-need-to-know

As far as I know, Flash support on the iphone is not currently an option, due either to battery or security issues. Erik, I'm not sure what you are looking at, but I'm pretty sure that Flash isn't supported, even with a separate app.

Here is a round of changes that will be included in iPhone OS 3.0... due sometime this summer. (Note that this is a operating system change only, not a hardware change.) At the moment, it's really only for developers to play with until it is officially released. Includes MMS, copy/paste, push notifications, global search, etc. http://i.gizmodo.com/5171796/iphone-30-os-guide-everything-you-need-to-know