Installing PHP login with HostGator

Kervtuza

Hey Guys,

I am looking to design a site that I can have a basic login system for its users. I came across a pre made PHP Login script but I am having a bit of trouble setting things up.

The PHP script ---> http://www.hotscripts.com/listing/php-login-redirect/

I am using HostGator to host my site, have a MySQL database setup, created a folder in file manager and uploaded the pre made script. Now I need some help linking the php script to the database so that users can register, login and be redirected to their profile that they can edit.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

This is my first time messing around with PHP, but so far the only thing I have done is unzipped the download file into 1 folder and uploaded it to to my hostgator ftp folders...but im not sure how to install it properly and access it. Do you know of any good tutorials on this subject for a guy that knows very little about php?

Installing software tends to be specific for that software, so unless the original author has videos on it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to help you there.

Seems like the next step, though, would be to access the files that you uploaded. I would access FTP and check that you uploaded the files into the "public_html" folder, since you won't be able to see the files online otherwise. Then, access the files by visiting

yourdomain.com/name-of-folder-you-uploaded/install

Hopefully that will start the install process and get you going from there. I imagine that it will ask you to set up a database to store the login details in, and you'd most likely be using Cpanel's Database Wizard for that. You can access cpanel by visiting yourdomain.com/cpanel, and this should help you set up a database: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/11_30/CpanelDocs/DatabaseWizard