How do I go by enable mysql.dll extenstion in php.ini for Joomla

RjapzDesigns

Hi friends, quick question and Im new to all of this. I didnt use a preconfigured package like xampp and wamp, learning from online tutorials. I installed everything manually by hand. Apache 2 and PHP5 on Win7, and my site looks good on localhost. Took me forever and sleepless knights LOL to get Apache and php working, and recently I installed Joomla 2.5.

Im having problems with installation on 2:Pre-installation check, the database support says no, so I figured it was cause I didn't have Mysql installed.

So I installed Msql5, and configured it by following the instructions. I restarted Apache and started Joomla installation again, and it still says Database Support: No, at the top right. Installation wont let me go any further till I fix the problem.

I looked around google on it, saying something about enabling extension mysql.dll in php.ini file or something. Confusing stuff when im a newbie, did anybody came across this problem, and or does anybody know how to do fix this and tell me step by step. Thanx everybody