Found a website I would like to model after. What now??

solohb

He everybody,

I just finished my business plan and I'm starting work on my website. I found a website I would like to model after but I have no idea what it would take to create a site like this. Any and all information would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Hans

Here's the website I'd like to model mine after.

cxxvi.net/collections/all-items

What do you know about designing websites?

The one you link to was created using shopify.com

Most beginners(including me) learn the basics and they find it difficult to build a real website. So we try to copy (model) a website that we found interesting and easy to build. I don't know if what we are doing is the correct way of learning or not. But we're just trying to learn on our own. We'd like to hear from web experts what is the best way to learn and build 'real' websites.

Most beginners(including me) learn the basics and they find it difficult to build a real website. So we try to copy (model) a website that we found interesting and easy to build. I don't know if what we are doing is the correct way of learning or not. But we're just trying to learn on our own. We'd like to hear from web experts what is the best way to learn and build 'real' websites.

We were all beginners at some point. I did exactly what you described, maybe not entire sites, but if I saw something somewhere that I wanted to use, I'd see how they did it and tried to duplicate (not necessarily just copy - but recreate).

If it works for you, it's the correct way, if it doesn't - then not.

Hello my friend,

Please, please listen to gffects and Andrea. They are so right. I have learned so much from this forum, it's amazing. I once asked a similiar question and followed their advice, the one thing is they are always there, pure designers.

Best wishes

Graeme