E-Commerce for Dreamweaver

linlou

Just briefly surfing the Killersites library I did not see any E-Commerce training for DW...other than the php. Does anyone know of or have a suggestion of the best Ecommerce software for dreamweaver? Looking for simply...not necessarily having to create it in php from scratch.

Hi,

The easiest thing for NON programmers, would be to go with Paypal because they have a shopping cart that only requires you know HTML ... no programming required. From the Paypal website:

To let your customers buy multiple items, use a free PayPal shopping cart. To set it up, just put the Add to Cart button on your website. It’s easy - we provide the HTML code, which you simply copy and paste to your site. Your customers can then click the button to make a purchase. See button features you can customize.

You can learn about here:

Paypal HTML only shopping cart.

We have a shopping cart that works with PHP and uses Paypal to process the cards; the difference is that our version is more advanced and creates a slicker shopping experience since the shopping process doesn't require the user to jump to and from the painfully slow Paypal site with each item you add to the cart.

PHP and Paypal shopping cart

Of course, this is just one example where learning even a little PHP can come in super handy.

Stefan

I was looking for the slicker...already using the back and forth paypal. Just was looking for something to eliminate the back and forth and something that is capable with dreamweaver like, cartweaver and that's more productive and time management effective.

Thx for your response.

Hi,

The easiest thing for NON programmers, would be to go with Paypal because they have a shopping cart that only requires you know HTML ... no programming required. From the Paypal website:

You can learn about here:

Paypal HTML only shopping cart.

We have a shopping cart that works with PHP and uses Paypal to process the cards; the difference is that our version is more advanced and creates a slicker shopping experience since the shopping process doesn't require the user to jump to and from the painfully slow Paypal site with each item you add to the cart.

PHP and Paypal shopping cart

Of course, this is just one example where learning even a little PHP can come in super handy.

Stefan

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for the slicker...already using the back and forth paypal. Just was looking for something to eliminate the back and forth and something that is capable with dreamweaver like, cartweaver and that's more productive and time management effective.

Thx for your response.

I looked at Ben sample files on Ecommerce for Paypal. It looks easy and i'm familiar Eclispe.

My question is it that I have Eclispe Helios installed from a previous Java Class. I noticed he installed Europa. Which version of Europa do I install.

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers, (N/A)

Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, (N/A)

Eclipse for RCP/Plug-in Developers, (N/A)

Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers, (N/A)