Am I being stupid? Embedding Video

HI all

Here is yet another problem I am having. I did search the archives for this and could not find what I was looking for.

I have found some code as I want to embed video (but don't want to use you-tube). Here is the code:

STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject">

WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="190" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="0">

I have changed "videofilename.wmv" to the name of my video clip, but nothing is happening. I am getting the player when I preview the page but no video!

Further info:

The site is still only on my computer. Nothing is uploaded to the www yet. Can any one help, or am I just being stupid?

Thanks

Edited by ayianapaexposed

I love this site too. This is where I learned!

Another correct way to link to your video-clip is as follows: Put the clip back into your "videos" folder. Then link to it using the correct "path" ie:

WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="190" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="0">

The videos/ tells the browser to look for a file or folder named "videos" and then find your video-clip inside it.

Edited by daddyalfie