Simple Coupon Plugin

debmc99

Hello! I am building a client site with WordPress and I am looking all over for a simple coupon plugin. I have looked everywhere. I don't need anything with affiliate links, or Groupon type offers. I just need to make an coupon (.png file) available on the site and then have the ability to print or email it. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have been looking for 3 days and have not found anything that will work.

Are you building a website that just needs a single coupon, or some sort of coupon directory? If it's just a single coupon, couldn't you make a page that you upload a .PNG coupon file to, and just use a plugin for emailing/printing? It seems to me you don't need a "coupon" plugin, but a plugin that will display some sort of "email to a friend" and "print page" links.

Hello Ben,

Yes, I am building a website that just needs a single coupon. I am using the Formidable Pro plugin to create a short online survey. Once the survey is submitted, the user is directed to a page where they can right click the coupon and save it to their phone. The problem is that I need them to be able to email the coupon to themselves to print later if they want to. So your suggestion of "email to a friend" might work.

The other problem is I need the date displayed somewhere near the coupon because it will only be valid for a certain time, like 30 days, next visit, etc. So my problem is if they right click the .png and save it, I lose the date that is displayed on the page. I know it is not super complicated but I can't find something that will solve both problems. The coupon is supposed to be saved on mobile phones, so I need the saved image to include the date, and I also need to offer the option of printing it later.

I hope that makes sense. Any ideas you have would be extremely welcome. Thank you!

Yes, but the date needs to appear on the coupon automatically, for example, if the user gets redirected to the coupon on 7/14/2012, the coupon needs to show 7/14/2012. Not sure how to make that happen. Actually, maybe it is not an image that is displayed on coupons I have seen in some plugins, but maybe a form with text in between fields. So it will look like a coupon but it's really another form. What do you think?

Edited by debmc99

Well, what you are wanting is definitely possible. There are various php image creation/processing libraries (the GD library, ImageMagick) that could be used to add the current date to an image (or figure out an expiration date based on the current image, and add that to an image). However, I highly doubt that you'll find this sort of very specific functionality as a Wordpress plugin, and you may need to ask someone to do custom development.

I don't think other methods (like your idea regarding a text box or custom field) will work, unfortunately, because the date wouldn't be part of the image.