Someone is pointing his/her domain name to my website

Don Ross 76

Hello,

I have a website and I found out that someone is pointing his/her domain name to my website without my permission. Every time I would make any changes to my website that domain name (website) would change instantly. So I believe it is a domain forwarding.

I'm planning to market my website and every time people would type my domain name at search engine they would see the thief's domain name and not my domain name. This would be frustrating to the people (including me) who would search my website using search engine because they would see a different domain name.

Is there any way to misdirect them?

thanks for the reply in advance.

Kind regards,

Don

I wonder if the your host server got hack or you account got hacked. I would talk to your host tech support and let them know your issue.

Thank you very much for the reply. I'm very sorry for my late reply I was busy trying to find out the person behind that domain name.

That would be a big help, but that would take your time. I will just do it myself. So it is most likely that my account was hacked? I'm not using CMS so no administrator account for my website. Or the server was hacked? I thought domain forwarding can be done by anyone. If it is really a domain forwarding.

The domain name fake.com when you type it to the browser would give completely 100% my website. I mean very similar even the contact phone are the same and also the pictures and faces of the people working with me are there. Eveytime I would change any single detail on my website the fake.com would change instantly. The fake.com have the same IP address as my website. If I block it using .htaccess I might be blocking my own website. With these things can you diagnose or tell that it is some kind of domain forwarding. If it is what could be their intentions, what are they up to.

Kind regards,

Don

What is YOUR DOMAIN that is being redirected to fake.com? Unless someone has access to the host control panel a domain can't be forwarded by anyone. You must have access to the domain name (not just hosting) where you can check to see if forwarding is turned on with a url of fake.com. If so, then remove that fowarding.

Again, I would contact your host tech support in this regard. Often times people will register their domain at one account but use another account for hosting. So be sure you are able to access both.

What is YOUR DOMAIN that is being redirected to fake.com? Unless someone has access to the host control panel a domain can't be forwarded by anyone. You must have access to the domain name (not just hosting) where you can check to see if forwarding is turned on with a url of fake.com. If so, then remove that fowarding.

Again, I would contact your host tech support in this regard. Often times people will register their domain at one account but use another account for hosting. So be sure you are able to access both.

Hello,

My domain is not being forwarder to any domain. I can still type my domain name to any web browser and it would still go to my website. The fake.com when you type it to any browser it would go to my website. I say my website because it is completely identical to my website even our phone number and address and even our faces are included there, it is like a mirror image of our website, the same IP address. So I believe they are the one who pointed their domain name(fake.com) to my domain name. Do you think it can create harm? I can't give the domain name of my website here this is a public forum. Anyhow I think I can send you a private message if you want to take a look at what is happening.

Thank you very much for your time, you are very kind helping people like me.

Kind regards,

Don

Hello again,

My American friend told me there is nothing to worry about because my domain name is older and the content of the fake.com is completely like my website so people would still contact me. I believe my American friend is right. If you have something that can help me well, feel free to share it having plenty of ideas is great.

Thanks for the reply in advance.

Kind regards,

Don 76

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a little old and you might have it fixed. But just in-case, this can be done on your contact form if you did not do any sanitizing. To stop someone from putting tags in your contact form you need to add the strip_tag something like this:

function sanitize($data) {
return htmlentities(strip_tags(mysql_real_escape_string($data)));
}

This will stop any tags that the user puts in the contact form to change the output. By this I mean something like. In your contact form someone put in the username,

<script>alert('Hello');</script>

instead of a username.

Edited by grabenair

• 2 months later...