Wordpress question

gffects

It's possible to make hardcoded templates and then integrate that into Wordpress -- take those files and create a Wordpress theme out of them, and then recreate the site within Wordpress -- but it's not like adding a couple lines of Wordpress code to your existing static files will give you all of the power of Wordpress.

When I'm developing Wordpress sites, I usually start by hardcoding a couple standard templates in HTML/CSS, and then integrating them into the base Wordpress theme. Building out an entire HTML/CSS site from scratch would be a bit of a wasted effort, since I would have to recreate the page structure and add in all my content within Wordpress. If you know what you are doing, you could potentially start a theme completely from scratch, but I usually find that it's easier to start from a super-basic base theme and strip out the parts that I don't need.

Ok so you kinda do then. its just I am building a site for a client and they want almost every feature of the blog but they don't want it to be like a blog more like a static site with comments and easy for them to update without myself, so it's more like a portfolio with a few blog functions.

Not sure how straight forward that would be todo on wordpress.