apache htaccess mod-rewrites

This is concerning a htaccess file and mod_rewrite.

i have two domains/urls,(just got the second domain/url today and am working on a webpage)

the first url being used for the root directory

the second i pointed to a folder inside the main/root directory which should load the webpage when i type in the url in the web browser.

however it only loads the webpage index.html file (when i rename the htaccess file from the original name htaccess to htaccess1) or when i type in the full path www.example.com/index.html.

the htaccess file is preventing the second url from loading the index.html file inside of the sub-directory. by just typing www.example.com. ( Note: the htaccess file was coded by another coder who created the first webpage, and he is no longer working with us )

i am trying to make the second url work as well with out having to type the full path www.example.com/index.html and with out messing up the code in the htaccess which works for the other domain name.

The current code looks like this. ( i use www.EXAMPLE.com in place of the working url )

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine on MultiViewsMatch Handlers Filters RewriteCond %{http_host} ^www.EXAMPLE.com [nc] RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://EXAMPLE.com/$1 [r=301,nc] RewriteRule ^([^/\.]+)/?$ /category.php?cat=$1 [L] </IfModule>

if anyone can figure this out or let me know what to put in to make both domains work it would be great-Thanks

• 1 month later...