did anybody had this problem while learning

searchformeaning

Hi, I am a new CSS learner. I have been reading a book "CSS the missing manual" for a while. I got a soft copy of the book and I read about 6 chapters till now. After learning the basics, I feel bored and clueless. I don't know what I should do exactly to make something meaningful. Yes, I know HTML tags and CSS styles to make them look better. But it's not enough. I don't know the METHOD of how to think of a web page/ website. How to make choices and organize content. I don't know if I am the only one who has this problem or other new learners have the same problem.

I'd like to know what should I do. Should I continue reading the book or go somewhere else and try to work on building a web site. I am really confused but at the same time I am bored because I just read what each style property does, try it on a sample web page, and get back to continue reading.

You'd probably learn more if you tried to build your own practice sites. Start with something simple with just a few pages, or find one you like and try to duplicate it - and use your book to look up what you need to achieve whatever it is.

And if you get stuck, come here, give us a link or at least paste all your code, and we can see what's going on and help you along.

Reading is the most basic way to learn, and it good to know that ur reading some staffs bout CSS :)

I agree with Andrea's advice, you must try to develop a simple web site where in you could actually apply and practice all the things that u've learn from that book. :) APPLICATION is a must :) Practice makes perfect! :)

You'd probably learn more if you tried to build your own practice sites. Start with something simple with just a few pages, or find one you like and try to duplicate it - and use your book to look up what you need to achieve whatever it is.

And if you get stuck, come here, give us a link or at least paste all your code, and we can see what's going on and help you along.

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to do that but I have to wait a little bit until I read about page layout.