New to the world of web design and programming

jflores89

Hey there everyone! I am 23 yrs, live in ny and am going back to school in the fall for comp sci. My goal is to become a web programmer and have spent the last month on the internet looking for ways i can self teach myself as a supplemental to what i will be learning in school. I wanted to ask some basic general questions on learning to become a web programmer from both professionals in the field, as well as those learning it currently. To begin I'd like to say that i have no experience at all with web design or programming but i am really committed to learning everything i can and to achieve my goals one of them being a career in this field. what ive come away with my research on the internet this past month is that there are many places to learn but none of them make it understandable to someone with absolutely no experience. I'm looking for some advice on where i should begin and if the courses offered on this site will truly benefit me and help me get the most out of it. Looking at this website i do like the road map they set out for you it seems to give me some sense of direction. I would really appreciate any help and thank you so much for the great website its done more for me then the past month has.

Sincerely,

Javier

Welcome aboard! I am a newbie myself and I have found this site very helpful. The general advice given by the more experienced folks is for newbies to watch the tutorials in the video store, start off with HTML - http://www.w3schools.com, have plenty of time spare etc.

You should find answers to similar questions if you rummage through older posts. Good luck

Welcome aboard! I am a newbie myself and I have found this site very helpful. The general advice given by the more experienced folks is for newbies to watch the tutorials in the video store, start off with HTML - http://www.w3schools.com, have plenty of time spare etc.

You should find answers to similar questions if you rummage through older posts. Good luck

Thanks for the help I've spent all day looking at w3schools very helpful. I am going to work on learning HTML :)

Html and CSS go hand in hand - learn both together.

W3S is a great place to start, but so is Killersite - look at the univiersity here. there are a bunch of free videos, and there's a free subscription that offers a wide range of tutorial.

To give you a simple into into HTML and CSS, try: How To Bulld Websites