Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and...

LSW

I am using an Access query to call up a member's info. This query has been used for years to handle this person.

I need to total the sums of a few rows into one and delete the old row. When I have made my changes, I am told that I am trying to save changed information after someone else changed things and it drops my changes (now I have saved them).

I can paste them in, but any attempt to delete the other rows tells me "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time."

There are no other users changing this data but me. Rebooting access or the OS does not help. My collegue can make the changes while I cannot, but it is my job so I can't run to him every time. But it shows that it has to be my machine. It is windows XP, using an Oracle database. Access 2003 SP1.

This happens regularly and I need to get it fixed. I am new to mucking around with Access and am new to Oracle as well. I suspect my machine is making two connections to the DB, but do not know how to fix it.

Thanks,

but that seems to be software related to their product.

We have had 6 blackouts already since Jan, but none while working on this DB. The servers all have backup power as well as my machine.

The worst is that I am being told and imaginary someone is editing the same info, but no one is and I get no actual error message to track, just the message. I get the same message when logged in as my neighbor, but he can and did make the change for me from his machine, so it seems it is related directly to me machine.

Oh well, the rush is over... untill I run it again next week... But in my searches I had not come across this page. Thanks.