Where has Political Correctness gone?

LSW

Under the umbrella of "Accessibility subjects", I found this one that made me say "Excuse me?"

Looking at a Federal job announcement for the Forrest Service Law Enforcement, I found this under Qualifications:

I have not been adjudicated as a mental defective, nor have I been committed to a mental institution.

- http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/308664200

Really? Mental Defective? Hello?

As most of you know I am technically Autistic, ADHD and Depressive... so would that make me a "Mental Defective?" I really hate this "Politically Correct" movement... but this seems just one step left of "Don't apply if your a retard."

I had to read that one twice to be sure someone actually wrote it that way. That said, maybe that is some acceptable terminology I have just never heard before.

A mate over in the Accessify Forum pointed out an interesting article from Last Sept. about gun control and mental illness. It points out how U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Form 4473 of 2008 for the purchase of over-the-counter guns uses this same sentence. It is Fed speak and also notes that the the "adjudicated" would suggest that it is mentally defective by law, aka a judge decided you are.

Guess that makes me unofficially defective. That and "Chronologically Challenged" as I am to old to apply for the job. Just you young'ins from the 70's + are wanted. ;)

Perspective on Guns and Mental Illness