CSS won't apply

Sandi

I'm new to CSS, but have a basic understanding of style sheets from Quark. I am working on a homework assignment for a dreamweaver class. I've created a style sheet called "seasons."

The properties show up correctly in the "property inspector" window (blue, right size, etc.) and correctly under "properties for .seasons" heading. However, when I select text I want to apply the style to, and select the "season" style, nothing happens to the text. It doesn?t change on my screen and doesn't change if I test the file in a browser. All the other options are set to "none or default" I?ve even rebooted my computer. No dice.

This is the code ... I'm trying to make the words Fall, Winter, Summer and Spring a shade of blue.

Seasonal Gardening Checklist:

Fall – The time to plant trees and spring blooming bulbs.

Winter – The time to prune fruit trees and finish planting your bulbs.  

Spring – The time to prepare your beds, plant annuals, and apply fertilizer to established plants.

Summer – The time to supplement rainfall so that plants get one inch of water per week.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. PS I'm on a Mac if that is an issue.