Table setup in phpMyAdmin

TommyLox

I am new to PHP and MySQL and whilst following Stefan's tutorial, I finished watching 'SQL_basics-introduction' where Stefan shows the database 'killer', but he doesn't create a table as he didnt fill in the options, so the tutorial ends as killer(0).

Then I go to the next tutorial, SQL-basic_introduction, and a table has been created: killer(1), but I do not know how to replicate this! The tutorial did not explain how to set 'auto-increment', so when I follow the tutorial like so: INSERT INTO people (name) VALUES ("Tommy"), phpMyAdmin gives me an error message: #1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 'id'.

I cannot proceed with the tutorials until I can replicate the setup of that table as Stefan has, can anyone fill this gap for me please? Step by step instructions would be much appreciated!

I am new to PHP and MySQL and whilst following Stefan's tutorial, I finished watching 'SQL_basics-introduction' where Stefan shows the database 'killer', but he doesn't create a table as he didnt fill in the options, so the tutorial ends as killer(0).

Then I go to the next tutorial, SQL-basic_introduction, and a table has been created: killer(1), but I do not know how to replicate this! The tutorial did not explain how to set 'auto-increment', so when I follow the tutorial like so: INSERT INTO people (name) VALUES ("Tommy"), phpMyAdmin gives me an error message: #1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 'id'.

I cannot proceed with the tutorials until I can replicate the setup of that table as Stefan has, can anyone fill this gap for me please? Step by step instructions would be much appreciated!

Correction - the subsequent tutorial was 'SQL_insert_statement' (not SQL_basic_introduction).

So, my issue is that I cannot follow the steps in the 'SQL_insert_statement.mov' as Stefan did not explain how setup the killer(1) table, i.e how to specify auto_increment. Please help as I cannot carry on with the tutorials until I successfully setup tables as Stefan/phpMyAdmin requires.