Finding Text Font Family ect.

Wizard

So I found this font called "Tiger Rag LET" and want to use it on my site. I've been surfing the net trying to find out what the family and all that jazz is of the font. It's a brush stroke imitation font thing.

How do I go about finding this necessary font info for my style sheet for this and all fonts?

Thanks in advanced!

Here is a list of the common computer fonts: http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html

Be aware that Tiger Rag LET won't be installed on most computers, so if you do use that in your website, it would need to be in the form of images, otherwise visitors won't be able to see it -- the site would default to a font installed on the computer instead.

If you do insist on using this font, you would use it like this:

font-family: "Tiger Rag LET", (...additional fonts here...);

Don't use unique fonts. See the issue here is that people only see what Font is installed on their computer. If they do not have that Font, they will not see it. The browser will choose a Font IT THINKS is close to what you wanted. So you have no control over what they see. It may be a script on one machine that is hardly readable and on another machine with lots of Fonts it may choose some unique Font they have.

A web site that cannot be read by the user is a waste of space and useless. It is less about being so original than making sites the majority of people can easily use. So it is best to stick with Fonts such as Arial etc. How many people do you think have that Font installed, 1%? 3%?

IF you wish you can use it for the banner of the site and whatever graphics like links. OR you can use it in Flash Films. But on standard HTML, if we don't have it we won't see it and I do not have it on any of my PC's.

Boring I know, and things have been done to try to give us that freedom... but none work yet. besides there is no telling how many people with disabilities will be negatively effected by such Fonts. Poor eyesight, cognitive disabilities, reading issues, etc. may find the content harder to read and understand with unique fonts.

What you can do if you still want to is use it in the CSS, but be sure to add the standard fonts after it. This way if I don't have it, the browser will use the next font if I have it... or the one after that.

[Thanks for making my post overkill Ben! and I workled so hard on it...:D]