What is the best way to update web pages/website

linton

What is the best way to upload updated web pages on the ftp/web server? I am having a problem with some of my changes not showing up immediately. I have tried putting up the entire site, updated pages, cleaning my internet cache because things do not show up like I think they should etc. I think I am missing something and will appreciate any information on the best way to do this.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

I don't think it's necessary to clear your cache after every upload, although that should get you the latest version of your page. You should get the latest page by using CTRL + Refresh which forces an full download.

It's more likely to be a delay at your hosting service.

It's also possible that your ISP is caching pages and serving you from its cache instead of getting the updated version. I'm not sure whether CTRL + Refresh solves that problem.

Edited by Wickham

I don't think it's necessary to clear your cache after every upload, although that should get you the latest version of your page. You should get the latest page by using CTRL + Refresh which forces an full download.

It's more likely to be a delay at your hosting service.

It's also possible that your ISP is caching pages and serving you from its cache instead of getting the updated version. I'm not sure whether CTRL + Refresh solves that problem.

Thanks, I will keep your suggestions in mind and be a little more patient. It is just that sometimes changes show up immediately and sometimes it takes a while.