Website not working :(

divz2

Hi All,

I am having some strange problem with my website. I recently uploaded wamp to get php, apache and sql installed. It is all working fine but there seems to be some problem with the web pages when I upload them onto my website using ftp.

It is giving a blank white page when I view the pages on my website. I cannot understand what the problem might be.

Can anyone please help me with what the problem might be. Thank you very much for your help.:(

Is your index page PHP? Is there a index.html on the web server?

If you have an index.html or index.htm on your web server, that is the default and the server will only look for index.php when there is no Index.htm(l)

Either delete the index.htm(l) or add some content to see if that is what is being called up, then delete it. The third option is to change the target of your domain name to speak directly to the index.php and bypass the index.htm(l). But deleting it is easier.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I just realised that when I am uploading pages onto the website using ftp, it is uploading blank files (0KB).

Can anyone tell me when this would happen? Why is ftp uploading blank files when the same file is not empty on my computer. It is still working on localhost.

Please help. Thank you.

try Filezilla to upload your files. It works always when other ftp programms fail.

Also, you have admin panel on your server, login and open any of your files from there. Work for the time being only with .html and after you get them right on a server, move on to php.

Hi,

I tried uploading files using FileZilla but the problem still persists. :(

I tried both html/php files but the file size being uploaded is still zero.

In the "failed transfers" tab, the reason for failed transfer is "Could not start transfer".

Can anyone please suggest what the solution to this problem might be.

Thank you.

Thank you guys for all your help.

@lm: I contacted them. They are trying to see if there is any problem their end. Hope it is coz I am clueless as to what might be wrong my end!

@Kaizen Maven: I tried uploading the pages in ASCII mode but the problem persists. :(

Any more ideas?? Please help.

Also can there be any problems with Apache/php/sql setup?? I recently installed wamp on my pc so don't know if that can have any effect.

Thank you.