My Cheap Site is up!

linton

Good news! I took a major step today with my 'web design hobby' My practice/test site is now up and running. Just wanted to see what it would look like on the internet. It is a working progress and I have to do some more work on it.

Please visit my site at www.lookupyoursite.com

Killersites have some really good stuff!

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Over all an "adequate" design. The xhtml validates, which is important!

BTW, there is a forum topic herein which asks for reviews / criticisms. Your question would probably be better posted there in the future.

Good job and good luck!

Alfie

Thanks, will use it next time. Andrea was kind enough to help with some very, very useful suggestions. I am working on updating it, changing the layout etc.

You should have seen it on day one.

what method did you use to design it? and who did you use to host it? im looking to put up my first site

All I wanted to do was try my hands on a couple of things that I had read and watched etc. For page layout, I used a single and double column layout with the horizontal navigation menu, a little Photoshop and Adobe Flash and basically tried a couple of things.

The site is hosted by Ipage, http://www.ipage.com/ipage/index.html and they currently have a $2.95 promotion running. Their Customer Service guys are awesome and helpful. Hope this helps.