A newbie to webdesign.. help :)

dangerut

You would need to find a web hosting company online, signup/pay for a hosting account. In many cases, a host will provide you the domain for free when you sign up with them. How much you expect to pay depends on the company, the quality of your services and if you are paying month to month or if you pay in advance. As a general rule, I would suggest staying away from free/extremely low cost hosts, since if you ever need support, they are often very unhelpful. I would also suggest staying away from GoDaddy, since I've had quite a few bad experiences with them. I think somewhere around $6-$7 a month for basic hosting is reasonable.

Hi ! so ive built my website, and now how do i go about getting it a domain name and getting it hosted? also what sort of prices am i looking for? is only small simple web site ! thanks in advance

ipage (www.ipage.com) currently has a promotion going on for $2.95 cents/month. I just signed up with them. I like the customer service they offer and a couple of people have recommended them on this site. Either way, it comes down to how much you want to spend and what the site is meant for. Their promotion has about 14 hours to go.