Need help building website newbie

rcsnoopdog

I have to build a website for a renewable energy company which would have a shop in one part of it and parts telling the public what we do and what products we offer,now i need to build one that will work seamlessly with mobiles and ipad devices,i am under the impression that html5 and css3 are the way to go or maybe i am wrong,as i said i am pretty new to this,what i want to know as i haven't really built a website before which program should i use to build it which can create a really professional website but easier to use than most

For someone who hasn't even 'really' built a website before, this may not exactly be the ideal virgin project. How about something simple like a static site with a few pages built in Notepad to get your feet wet? Do you know html and CSS? What existing knowledge about webdesign do you have?

You say the site needs a shop - as in a store where people can order products through the website and submit their credit card info for payments? That would add a whole other dimension like a shopping cart, you'd need encryption, etc.

Maybe you can look into a CMS or Wordpress that offer those features and prefab templates that may work for a beginner?

How did you land this job?

For someone who hasn't even 'really' built a website before, this may not exactly be the ideal virgin project. How about something simple like a static site with a few pages built in Notepad to get your feet wet? Do you know html and CSS? What existing knowledge about webdesign do you have?

You say the site needs a shop - as in a store where people can order products through the website and submit their credit card info for payments? That would add a whole other dimension like a shopping cart, you'd need encryption, etc.

Maybe you can look into a CMS or Wordpress that offer those features and prefab templates that may work for a beginner?

How did you land this job?

Me and 4 other friends started the company which really took of but we are in our first year so don't have the money pay a designer to build one just right now,later yes but at the moment i built a site using flash professional cs5 in 3 months with a bit of help from a friend and i also had another person build a shop for me which i hyper linked to from the flash site but now i need to build one that can work on mobiles and ipads and the like,i am a very quick learner at any thing but i also get the feeling i don't need to really know most of the code as plenty of people out there with code already written for certain parts of a website and you just copy and paste them all together like a jigsaw.All i want know is which program should i start learning as people are saying cs5 or Joomla and other ones of course but which one i ask,just need sent on the right direction

and which road should i be using that incorporates cms in the website