Suggestion for added features in Build a CMS

CLAR101

Hello,

I have completed the Build a CMS course, and will do it all over again for greater understanding of the CMS,

however there are a couple of features that I personally think should be added and just thought I would post

it on the forum to see what everyone thinks.

The first one would be add remove pages from a database, so for example all the menu items are obtained from the

database and when the menu item is clicked it updates the content blocks with the information from the database.

A template system so average users can choose from a set of templates.

The tineMCE does not wrap text and once saved does not display large text properly for example:

"ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff" in tineMCE would look like "ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff"

in the CMS because it does not wrap the text to the size of the content block.

All images can be edited with the Pixlr API meaning they can be edited online.

A way of uploaded images and flash through an in built file manager.

and the last one would be for users to freely add content blocks and remove content block graphically as and when needed.

However this is just my idea of future enhancements as a rough idea, I just thought I would post and see what

people think.

However the build a CMS tutorial is brilliant and taught me a lot within the area of PHP, MySQL and Javascript, as

I said I will go through the tutorials again for further understanding.

and to anyone who has not seen the video tutorials for Build a CMS or are debating on getting it, I would highly

recommend the tutorials to anyone wanting to start a project in PHP and MySQL and it is worth getting it can be

found: http://killervideostore.com/video-courses/build-a-cms.php.

Thanks for everything

Yours Sincerely

Chris Russell