If you are starting out as a web developer/designer

Don Ross 76

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

I would just like to ask, if you are planning to start as a web developer/designer and put your portfolio online what web hosting company would you recommend?

godaddy.com is a huge web hosting company but they have their own web developer/designer out there, do they still welcome web developers/designer? I mean they might think you are in some kind of competition to their in house web developer. I have read that one web developer said that it was the worst web hosting company he was in. I don't know how true is that. I'm attracted to godaddy.com they have so many features that others don't have like dedicated IP, free SSL, website protection scanner.

Hostgator have an excellent review and positive comment, They also have dedicated IP and free SSL. But Hostgator don't have any website protection scanner of some kind. They also are not a domain registrar. So my domain name would be in godaddy and my website would be on hostgator. Some people recommend that have a different domain registrar and different web host.

If your domain name is on a different server(domain registrar) different web host then somehow this slows down your website, I guess. The people would type your domain name then that would go to the domain registrar then look for the computer where your website is hosted, if there is not much traffic it would be fast but lots of traffic will slow down your website. Well I don't know how true this is.

If you have any experience or recommendation to any web hosting company pls. feel free to share.

Kind Regards,

Don Ross 76

Godaddy (in my opinion) tends to be slow at setting things up. For instance, if I want to create a database then I can do so quickly on my host and it's ready to go immediately but if I were to do it at Godaddy I would have to wait for a bit. In most cases 10 minutes but at times longer. Some control panels are easy to use. Godaddy seems to be cumbersome for me and the menu is a bit too busy.

Hostgator is a good host. They may have a few less whistles and bells but you will have less headaches as well. Whatever host you are thinking about to use always test their demo regardless of how good the review is so you can best determine if it suits you.

Register at Godaddy and hosting elsewhere will not slow down anything. If anything probably a millisecond. Registering at Godaddy is good. Just find a host you like to use.

Thanks guys I really appreciate your opinion and help.

So Eddie I hope you don't mind me asking where does TKG is hosted? Don't reply if you don't want to answer this.

Kind Regards to all of you,

Don Ross 76

I am a resellar for a company called LiquidNet Ltd. They do not sell directly except only as an affiliate.

Some reasons I like them is the control panel and the options along with flexibility. One other main reason is that for each new client I sign up I get a profit. Most host give you a nice benefit when you sign someone up to host with them and thereafter you get nothing else including renewals. Not the case with the provider I am using. I will keep getting profits for all renewals.

The other reason why I like it is that even though they are based in the U.K. it has servers in UK, USA, Australia and Sweden. They are expecting another new server location sometime next year.

Ticket support is great. In most cases my clients average about 10 minutes wait time for each ticket submission. Of course there is phone support but I never had anyone use it because the ticket systems seems to do the job.

I am a resellar for a company called LiquidNet Ltd. They do not sell directly except only as an affiliate.

Some reasons I like them is the control panel and the options along with flexibility. One other main reason is that for each new client I sign up I get a profit. Most host give you a nice benefit when you sign someone up to host with them and thereafter you get nothing else including renewals. Not the case with the provider I am using. I will keep getting profits for all renewals.

The other reason why I like it is that even though they are based in the U.K. it has servers in UK, USA, Australia and Sweden. They are expecting another new server location sometime next year.

Ticket support is great. In most cases my clients average about 10 minutes wait time for each ticket submission. Of course there is phone support but I never had anyone use it because the ticket systems seems to do the job.

thank you very much Eddie for sharing that to us.

I will try to check that out LiquidNet Ltd.

Kind Regards,

Don Ross 76