Displaying differently on a wider monitor?

cowboyandy

Good morning, all!

I am completing a basic site for a client, and all appears good in my offline editor and on my monitor at home. I was at work early this morning, and wanted to look at something on the site while it was on my mind. When it loaded, the site was off-center, and the content page was to the left of the header, instead of directly below. Both my home computer and the one at work use IE, but the monitor at work is one of those wide ones.

Any way I can fix that with my css (attached)? Or is this simply a monitor problem?

The client's site is here.

Thanks for your help...have a great day, and God bless!

Edited by cowboyandy

on #page put margin: 0 auto;

take out the other margin you have in there.

Corinne

Thanks, Corrine!

As soon as I saw your reply, I remembered that I had been playing with the page - just forgot to put the css code back the way it was! it's always something simple....

Thanks again! Problem solved. Have a great day, and God bless!

Edited by cowboyandy

• 2 months later...

I found this sites guides here when trying to build up a guide for myself of what to do and what not to do:

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html-css-techniques/the-30-css-selectors-you-must-memorize/

Well of course it's more of things to remember, mind you from a book I was reading Andy Budd CSS Mastery I think the above links guide is more of what you'd appreciate I think.

I mean I am trying to unlearn what I did at University in my first year of web development and try and regain some more professional approaches to CSS.

Good luck with your work.

I just think knowledge is allot of power if you get the right information that is.

Good morning, all!

I am completing a basic site for a client, and all appears good in my offline editor and on my monitor at home. I was at work early this morning, and wanted to look at something on the site while it was on my mind. When it loaded, the site was off-center, and the content page was to the left of the header, instead of directly below. Both my home computer and the one at work use IE, but the monitor at work is one of those wide ones.

Any way I can fix that with my css (attached)? Or is this simply a monitor problem?

The client's site is here.

Thanks for your help...have a great day, and God bless!

Nice job!