mobile site using css/xml/ajax /html5/jquery

ghuman

Guys really need your help..... I have a project that needs to be done... its worth 40%of my final grade and I dont have any idea on how to do it..... could you please help me... It involves using every aspect of web designing like jquery,media query, javascript,html5,css, ajax,xml... Please help me

Sounds like this is a better question for your professor/teacher? If you're in a class, and this is what you're expected to do for a final project, the course materials so far should provide you most of the help you need.

We're happy to help provide you a direction, but since this is a homework project, it would be cheating to do your work for you.

Guys really need your help..... I have a project that needs to be done... its worth 40%of my final grade and I dont have any idea on how to do it..... could you please help me... It involves using every aspect of web designing like jquery,media query, javascript,html5,css, ajax,xml... Please help me

If this is a web design course then you should already have some basic knowledge to get started. Have you started? If so, what do you have done so far? What specific issues are you haveing trouble with?

We don't do anything for you from scratch but we can answer specific questions you may have in trying to get something to function correctly on your website.

And if you haven't started yet and it's due by Wed then why did you wait for the last minute to work on it?

Start off with a HTML5 and CSS website.

HTML5 tutorial:- http://www.w3schools.com/html5/default.asp

Then edit for media-queries

http://kyleschaeffer.com/best-practices/responsive-layouts-using-css-media-queries/

I adapted one on my sites for media queries in an hour or so, it basically meant editing the CSS and then testing (I used Opera "Fit to Width" as a quick check to see what some (not all) small screen devices would do.

Then add a jquery slideshow with a few of your own images (Google jquery slideshow) There are plenty to choose from. jQuery is javascript so you kill two birds with one stone.

Ajax tutorial http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/default.asp

XML tutorial http://www.w3schools.com/xml/

My friend I didnt decide to wait till the last moment... we got the project last wednesday and I have been looking all over the web in search of material to help me get a better understanding of this stuff...... I havent started it cause I dont know where to start from..... I even asked some of my class mates to help me but no- one wants to help an International student...... When I asked my teacher he said that I better get it done or he will fail me( I have 45% marks out of 60% with this project being worth 40%) and if I fail I have to pay 1500$ to retake just this one course... that's why I am looking for some online help.....

My friend I didnt decide to wait till the last moment... we got the project last wednesday and I have been looking all over the web in search of material to help me get a better understanding of this stuff...... I havent started it cause I dont know where to start from..... I even asked some of my class mates to help me but no- one wants to help an International student...... When I asked my teacher he said that I better get it done or he will fail me( I have 45% marks out of 60% with this project being worth 40%) and if I fail I have to pay 1500$ to retake just this one course... that's why I am looking for some online help.....

Ah..ok. Well, Wickman's post provided some good information to get you started.