Conditional comments issues with ie6

wasso

hello

its not a new topic, i know but i still havent found the solutionon this wensite or on the net.

have fixed all the issue with firefox as lsw said ,and i fixed the issues with ie6 also. i did a seperate css filesheet for ie6 but as i post the link to the conditional comments

Welcome to the Palestinain Arabic institue

i want the website to work with ie6.

if needed the css filesheet and websites codes can be uploaded.

thank you

There's nothing wrong with your code. You have the conditional comment after the main stylesheet link so that it will be processed last and only apply to IE6, that's OK and should work.

However, don't use XHTML 1.1, we recommend HTML 4.01 on this forum as XHTML 1.1 is only for special XML functions, not ordinary websites. You can use XHTML 1.0 but the code content="text/html" just changes XHTML 1.0 back to HTML so it's pointless to use XHTML 1.0.

hey, yes it worked. I changed to html and i use the link for doctype that thelma used.

thanks!

buuut

Thelma you gave me the link to the right doctype ()

, when i put the doctype it works pefectly but as i open the html file once again (close and open the file again with dreamweaver) it still goes back to the old doctype ( ).

Edited by wasso