script for slide show

Don Ross 76

Hello,

I'm trying to search the forum if there is any topic about PHP script slideshow, but the forum is big so end up just posting here. Anyways how can I build a slideshow just like what the killerphp.com has. It change images and there is an arrow to click. I wonder what technology is behind that slideshow.

I'm a subscriber in killerphp.com University video library, under a different email address I can't find the video tutorial about that slideshow, I haven't finish the advance php tutorial but it seems there is no topic about this slideshow.

This slideshow that changes images can be found in many websites today, can someone pls. tell me what technology are they using? Is it PHP? Is there any script that I can use? So that I can use this script for my website. I searched google and javascript can be use to build slideshow, but I prefer to use PHP because javascript can be disabled by the user.

Kind Regards,

don ross 76

The technology you'd need to use is Javascript. The slideshow I use most often (and that I used on killerphp.com) is http://malsup.com/jquery/cycle/. It's quite customizable, and relatively easy to use. You can't use PHP to build slideshows, since PHP doesn't continue to work after the page is fully loaded.

Thank you very much Ben I really appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Don Ross 76