I'd like a review, please

jlhaslip

Before things get much farther along...

Can you spot any flaws in this design?

http://jlhaslip.trap17.com/sm/mal/index.html

Either visual or from a coding perspective. Validates xhtml strict. I'm still playing with the CSS, so I can't yet confirm that it is all good, but I checked it only a version or so ago and it looked okay to that point.

Thanks for your assistance.

By the way, reference this URL ( http://mlafever.jlhaslip.trap17.com )to see where the old design and colours are determined. This new page has dummy content only, so the next step is to set the pages up the same data.

With a few changes, of course. :)

*edit*

fixed link. thanks.

Edited by jlhaslip

It's quite green on first glance. I don't like the use of the pink on some of the emphasized words, and the right side panel divisions look like they are breaking out of their dedicated location and creep into the content. (FX).

Your 2nd link isn't working.

My suggestion would be to make the navigation links a bit larger. And I'd give them more contrast, too. The color you're using is a little hard for me to see.

It seems a little busy. And the header text is also hard for me to read because of the colors used and all the overlapping.

Same comments as above on colour, busy background and legibility.

In IE7 running on Virtual PC on a MAC the right side box overlaps the background and pushes the content way down the page. In IE6 on same machine the right side box and text is cut off and content pushed down the page. The design holds together in Firefox, Safari and Opera on PC and MAC.