Font sizing

yesdavy

Try changing the body font size in your template theme's stylesheet:

body, input, textarea {

color: #666666;

font-size: 12px;

line-height: 18px;

}

Thanks, Eddie, would that be style.css ?

Or would it be one of these:

RTL Stylesheet

(rtl.css)

Stylesheet

(style.css)

Visual Editor RTL Stylesheet

(editor-style-rtl.css)

Visual Editor Stylesheet

(editor-style.css)

wvr-admin-style.css

(wvr-admin-style.css)

Try changing the body font size in your template theme's stylesheet:

body, input, textarea {

color: #666666;

font-size: 12px;

}

This did indeed reduce the content font but it also reduced the RSS widget font proportionately as well. I tried to find RSS and widget textareas but couldn't locate them. Ideally, I'd like them both at 11. What am I missing here?

Try adding 'p' to this part - it's kind of hard to tell, but via 'modify CSS', it looked like it might work.

/* Main global 'theme' and typographic styles */

body {

background: #f1f1f1;

}

body,

input,

textarea,

p {

color: #666;

font-size: 11px;

}

But overall, you need to look through this code- it looks like there are duplicates (example my solution and Eddie's) - tables aren't a good way to go, neither are empty p tags and all inline styling, like 'align="left", is not good practice, either.

Try adding 'p' to this part - it's kind of hard to tell, but via 'modify CSS', it looked like it might work.

/* Main global 'theme' and typographic styles */

body {

background: #f1f1f1;

}

body,

input,

textarea,

p {

color: #666;

font-size: 11px;

}

But overall, you need to look through this code- it looks like there are duplicates (example my solution and Eddie's) - tables aren't a good way to go, neither are empty p tags and all inline styling, like 'align="left", is not good practice, either.

Now the RSS widget font is the same size as the content font, but only on the About page. The Rules page is still too large. And the content on the About page is two different sizes. The body font is fine but the ul at the top remains too large.

Edited by yesdavy

You need to study all that code - see how the html is divisioned, what classes/IDs apply to what parts, and find the appropriate CSS to affect what you want. It's doable, but very time consuming due to the current html/css mess. We tried, but just using Firebug or the Webdeveloper toolbar is not quite the same as having actual access.

You need to study all that code - see how the html is divisioned, what classes/IDs apply to what parts, and find the appropriate CSS to affect what you want. It's doable, but very time consuming due to the current html/css mess. We tried, but just using Firebug or the Webdeveloper toolbar is not quite the same as having actual access.

Will the attached file help?

TGS stylecss.txt

Will the attached file help?

Not really - we already have that through your link. But you missed my advise in the last post, I said: "..... YOU need to study the code..." (that's how you learn), and "....very time consuming..." and you should also consider my earlier advice re cleaning up the code. I'll look again when I get a moment, but right now, I'm off to walking those demon dogs.

Ok - so I cut my walk short (stupid dogs - I'm tired of being pulled down the street) and I'm looking at our HTML on the About page -and it really is a mess. Just to get to the part where the text starts, you have a boatload of containers - most are unnecessary.

Focusing on the entry-content division:

• The table does not belong here - not only that, it's a one-cell table!! That even defeats the purpose of the essence of a table.
  • there are 2 ul tags around the navigation
  • "introduction", "Traditional Golf Concepts" and such are HEADERS and should be styled with <h> tags, not p strong.
  • Empty p tags are simply bad coding
  • There should not be any inline styling, and you have loads in that section -and all the same stuff. Inline styling should really be used only when something happens only one single time in an entire site, certainly not for repeat paragraph styling.
  • Visually, that big empty left sidebar / the content stuck so far to the right just look wrong. You could either use the sidebar for that secondary navigation, or spread the content out across the entire space

Looking at one page via the firebug really helps to understand how things belong together, but with all those containers here, things are very muddled and complex. I also found some CSS where font size is defined in percentage. That probably explains why the changes we suggested affected the home page in a bad way. It probably would take me all day to get this all lined out and figure out what CSS affects what part of which page, and I don't have that kind of time. Maybe someone else here has a better eye and can find the connections just by looking, but I have to pass.

Hopefully, what I said above and in earlier posts at least helps you along a bit, but other than that, I opt out of this one.

Ok - so I cut my walk short (stupid dogs - I'm tired of being pulled down the street) and I'm looking at our HTML on the About page -and it really is a mess. Just to get to the part where the text starts, you have a boatload of containers - most are unnecessary.

Focusing on the entry-content division:

• The table does not belong here - not only that, it's a one-cell table!! That even defeats the purpose of the essence of a table.
  • there are 2 ul tags around the navigation
  • "introduction", "Traditional Golf Concepts" and such are HEADERS and should be styled with <h> tags, not p strong.
  • Empty p tags are simply bad coding
  • There should not be any inline styling, and you have loads in that section -and all the same stuff. Inline styling should really be used only when something happens only one single time in an entire site, certainly not for repeat paragraph styling.
  • Visually, that big empty left sidebar / the content stuck so far to the right just look wrong. You could either use the sidebar for that secondary navigation, or spread the content out across the entire space

Looking at one page via the firebug really helps to understand how things belong together, but with all those containers here, things are very muddled and complex. I also found some CSS where font size is defined in percentage. That probably explains why the changes we suggested affected the home page in a bad way. It probably would take me all day to get this all lined out and figure out what CSS affects what part of which page, and I don't have that kind of time. Maybe someone else here has a better eye and can find the connections just by looking, but I have to pass.

Hopefully, what I said above and in earlier posts at least helps you along a bit, but other than that, I opt out of this one.

Very helpful indeed, Andrea. I have been drafting the content in Word in a table adjusted to the approximate width of the live content area and when copying the data to the live site I inadvertently copied the table as well in two instances. Thanks so much for pointing it out.