Website designing

Guest mtoagtechnology

Guest mtoagtechnology

Hi,

I am not aware about HTML, i know the basics but want to know that designing a website in HTML is quiet difficult or you can you it easily ...please help me..

Thanks!!!

I am not aware about HTML, i know the basics ....

That's a contradiction - HTML (and CSS) IS/are the basics.

However, whether it is difficult for you to learn or not, we can't really answer. That greatly depends on your capabilities. Look around Killersites, you'll find all kinds of free tutorials covering those basics, for example: www.how-to-build-websites.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I think build a website in HTML is very difficult, but if you use a tool Name Dreamweaver, then you easily make a website.

This tool is very helpful for making website, because this tool automatically create coding.

Thanks

Romy

Edited by Andrea
Link Deleted - No SPAM, please

Romy, this forum and all the Killersites sites are about learning webdesign.

Suggesting to created a website using a wysiwyg editor defeats the purpose.

And, btw - not only is HTML not difficult, a website also does not only need HTML but also CSS - which isn't difficult, either.

• 7 months later...

HTML is a content of website and CSS makes website attractive and useful for visitors, more attractive then appeals more visitors and creates larger traffic. So both HTML and CSS are very important for a good website. Another thing, styling website by CSS is separated from html which is content of website and such a separation is supported by new standards of HTML5.

Thanks a lot,

David

Edited by Andrea
URL deleted

HTML is a content of website and CSS makes website attractive and useful for visitors, more attractive then appeals more visitors and creates larger traffic. So both HTML and CSS are very important for a good website. Another thing, styling website by CSS is separated from html which is content of website and such a separation is supported by new standards of HTML5.

Thanks a lot,

David

I don't know about CSS making a website 'more' attractive - without any styling, you won't have much. In addition, CSS is used to position your content as well. As far as I'm concerned, a website with HTML only really isn't much of one at all.

CSS separated from HTML also isn't anything new to HTML5 - it's been used that way for YEARS!!

Btw, David, the OP's post is from last October - I'm hoping for his sake, he figured this out by now.

I don't know about CSS making a website 'more' attractive - without any styling, you won't have much. In addition, CSS is used to position your content as well. As far as I'm concerned, a website with HTML only really isn't much of one at all.

CSS separated from HTML also isn't anything new to HTML5 - it's been used that way for YEARS!!

Btw, David, the OP's post is from last October - I'm hoping for his sake, he figured this out by now.

HTML and CSS both are different but they must require for website designing. Here, we have to just needs to concentrate on HTML. Beginner of HTML must have to learn about common HTML tags and its concept. W3Cschool is great website to easily learn about HTML and also for many other things related web designing.

You are right this is old post. I have just post this information for any new person who wants to know about HTML. Thanks for HTML 5 and CSS concept.

HTML and CSS both are different but they must require for website designing. Here, we have to just needs to concentrate on HTML. Beginner of HTML must have to learn about common HTML tags and its concept.

Matter of opinion. And my opinion is that HTML without CSS is pretty much useless. HTML and CSS go hand-in-hand and should be learn simultaneously.

But as I said, it's a matter of opinion.

Next, let's discuss what came first, the chicken or the egg :D

I thought the dinosaurs were first? blink.gif

I must agree with Andrea, you must learn CSS with HTML. If not, you have to use tables for layout which is wrong and you have to use HTML styling of which most of the tags are deprecated... so you generally learn bad practices.

Another thing, styling website by CSS is separated from html which is content of website and such a separation is supported by new standards of HTML5.

Nit-Picking I guess... but HTML 5 is not a standard. HTML 4.1 is the current standard.

HTML5 is currently at "Last Call" for "us designer folk" to call for changes.

HTML5 Editor Ian Hickson told TechRepublic his expected timeline:

• First W3C Working Draft in October 2007.
  • Last Call Working Draft in October 2009.
  • Call for contributions for the test suite in 2011.
  • Candidate Recommendation in 2012.
  • First draft of test suite in 2012.
  • Second draft of test suite in 2015.
  • Final version of test suite in 2019.
  • Reissued Last Call Working Draft in 2020.
  • Proposed Recommendation in 2022.

-- Ian Hickson

HTML is the foundation, it is responsible for the total construction of the site (just like the human bone) while the CSS simply decorate the elements of the HTML (the skin):) HTML comes first then you can do some CSS coding :) Must learn both of them simultaneously cause these are the most basic in a web designing. :)