why isn't my background image showing?

2handband

I've created a background image for the header div in the site I'm creating. Here's the css for the image:

.bgimage {
      background-attachment: fixed;
      background-image: url (images/marshallWall.png) ;
      background-repeat: no-repeat;
      visibility: visible;
}

And in the html:

<div id="header" class="bgimage">

And yes, the image itself is in the proper directory. But the image stubbornly refuses to be visible on the page. What am I doing wrong?

• 11 months later...

Did you check the "Repeat background" box below the Background Image bit (where the Browse button appears?).It might have appeared hidden behind the frame of your channel layout?or Unless the directory images is a subdirectory of css, you need to use url(../images/background.gif) as the location is relative to the css file.

Did you check the "Repeat background" box below the Background Image bit (where the Browse button appears?).It might have appeared hidden behind the frame of your channel layout?or Unless the directory images is a subdirectory of css, you need to use url(../images/background.gif) as the location is relative to the css file.

No idea what you mean by 'repeat background box' or 'frame of your channel layout'.... but the OP posted his question almost a year ago, and it appears that the problem was corrected by Eddie within the hour.