WAMP, email function doesn't connect

mclenale

I have looked through other posts to find this problem but it seems that no one else has had it.

I know some HTML and CSS and got the web programmer video set yesterday. After installing WAMP, most of it has been very smooth and accessible; when I tried using the "email()" function yesterday, I received errors.

I am running the latest php and everything else as I just got it yesterday and all other code runs fine.

The full error is:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\wamp\www\practicephp\emailstripped.php on line 3

Please help.

Thanks.

1) Using the mail() function from your local computer can be a bit tricky, and usually involves setting your smtp/smtp port settings within your php.ini file. I usually suggest that people test this functionality on a live server, rather than through WAMP or similar, so you don't run into this problem.

2) Not you are missing a "s" in the "killersites": http:killersite.com/forums/feed/rss. If that doesn't fix the issue, post back and we can look into this further.