resizing Flash background

VSmall

Hello:

I recently downloaded a set of Flash buttons that I am changing to suit my needs. I made all the changes I needed except for one. The buttons are surrounded by a huge black rectangle. I don't know how to make the background shrink to fit the buttons.

I can resize the background using the properties menu, but the buttons are not centered so they get cut in half using that method.

How do I resize the background to fit the buttons?

Thanks

If you are doing this in Flash, you need to select your shape and in the properties menu, change the x y coordinates to 0, which will put your shape in the top left hand corner of your background. Then you can change the size of your background to the same width and height as your button.

The problem is, I can't see anything but a black shape. The items are in the library and the movie plays. But the stage just shows the background.

In the old versions of Flash I knew what to click on to edit the instances. But I can't even get the instances to show on the stage.

I mean, I can if I put a new instance or symbol up, but the ones already there are invisible. I don't get it. :(

Edited by VSmall

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...