Need IE8 & IE9 Advice

SavLE

Hello,

Long time user and reader of the site, but this is my first post.

IE8:

As per usual Internet Explorer renders things differently, I'm resigned to that fact.

However, for some reason there appears to be a large(maybe 30px?) white margin that comes after my footer when I look at it in IE8 that doesn't appear in the other browsers. The project is currently on a Localhost Server so I can't give you guys a link, but is there anything in my code that automatically jumps out as a possible source of this problem?

bottomwrapper is what holds the footer content... it's the footer basically.

#bottom{position:relative; float:left; width:100%; background-image:url('Images/topbg.png');  }
#bottomwrapper{position:relative; margin:auto; width:960px;  color:#f2f2f2;  padding-bottom:12px; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px;}

IE 9:

Also, I downloaded IE 9 Beta, and it actually renders the site the way it was meant to be visually with no footer issues :clap: . Imagine that.

However, any jQuery animations of hidden divs such as onClick slideOut and onHover Fade Ins don't work. Is this just because it's still in testing? Will these things work once the official version comes out?

I know that this is a CSS section, but I'm sure there is some carry over between these boards.

Thanks in advance,

Sav

IE9 has been release earlier this year. Maybe you do have a beta copy when in fact you should be using the release version.

Not sure about the space issue in IE8 but you might try adding overflow: hidden to whatever div that might be causing it.

And lightbox does display in IE9 release verions.

Edited by Eddie

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I uploaded a :50 sec Screencast to YouTube so that you guys can see what I mean by SlideOuts and LightBoxes not working in IE9.

After your last message I uninstalled what I thought was the Beta version and installed the one found here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home?ocid=ie9_bow_Bing&WT.srch=1&mtag=SearBing

The issues still persist, and not only on my site, but on LightBox and FancyBox sites.

In the video you'll see me first click and use my site and the others in Chrome, and then I switch over to IE9 and show you the issues.

Here is the link to the short screencast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm5-0VzwXxU

Again thanks,

Sav

Check for typos in your code. Also, if you use certain class names like myLightBox is not the same as mylightbox.

While you have IE9 now, hit F12 and you will see a developer tool which will give you an option to set it for IE8 mode. Do that and see if the lighbox works.

Finally, to help you further, you ought to upload your work to a dev folder on your server and supply a link so we can troubleshoot it.

Thanks for the F12 advice!

After fumbling around with the console section I saw that I kept getting an " SCRIPT65535: Invalid calling object "

I did a quick Google Search and found out that apparently DivX interferes with Javascript execution in IE9 and everything works once you disable it in your browser.

I used the hack provided by a user here: http://forum.jquery.com/topic/internet-explorer-9-jquery-and-divx#14737000002443139

to first get my webpage working while DivX was enabled, and then disabled it and tried using other sites that previously didn't work right and they also worked.

Thanks for the tip,

Sav