Can not edit webpage

logician

How are you currently trying to edit the page? What steps are you following?

I am sorry it took so long to reply. I left for work immediately after posting the question. I created the web page over a week ago. I tried to re-creation what I did, however, that attempt was not successful.

To the best of my memory this is what I did:

1. I right clicked the desktop.

2. I selected "New"

3. When the menu popped up I clicked "Text Document".

4. I then started hand coding the page.

5. When finished, I saved the page using these steps:

A) Clicked "File".

B) Save As

C) Saved document as "myfirstwebite.html.

6. It showed the page as it would appear without the html codes.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to make any changes to the page. Again, these are the steps I took to the best of my memory.

Double clicking on the file should open it in a web browser, like Firefox or Internet Explorer. What you want to do instead is right click on the file, select "Open With..." from the menu that will pop up and select Notepad or your text editor of choice. If what you want to open the file with isn't listed, select "Choose Program" and choose the program you want to use to edit the file.

Double clicking on the file should open it in a web browser, like Firefox or Internet Explorer. What you want to do instead is right click on the file, select "Open With..." from the menu that will pop up and select Notepad or your text editor of choice. If what you want to open the file with isn't listed, select "Choose Program" and choose the program you want to use to edit the file.

Thanks for the suggestion. It works just fine.