REMOVING CSS TAG & linking directly to image

GraphicDesNew2Webdesign

Hi guys and gals,

In the template I bought there is alot of CSS stylings already tagged to the text fields and sample text (as expected), but I need to change the styles of some of them independantly or of all of them collectively, but editing the styles wont let me change the font color at times, other times it does but generally wont give me full creative editability. After many frustrating attempts of simply dragging a color from the assets panel (DW CS3) over onto the sub titles etc, it has now created tons of new CSS rules or sheets with default names like "style8" etc... So to try to sort our all the CSS now might be hopeless, but what do you recommend or if there is now simple way (for a beginner) to clean up the CSS, how do I just remove or untag that sub title from its CSS so I can just manually edit the formatting (colors, size, padding etc.). IF U DO POST A WAY TO CLEAN UP MY UNORGANIZED CSS STYLINGS ACROSS ALL MY DIFFERENT TEXT FEILDS, PLEASE ALSO TELL ME HOW TO UN-ATTACH THE CSS FORMATTING IN CASE I CANT PULL OFF THE CLEAN UP. LOL.

I ATTACHED THE HTML FROM MY HOME PAGE AND MY CSS FILE FOR YOU TO SEE WHAT MY CSS LOOKS LIKE (PLEASE ESPECIALLY CHECK OUT WHAT WENT WRONG ON THE CSS SUBTITLES OR HEADER 2'S LIKE "GALLERY OF WORK" AND "FOR OVER 20 YEARS...". BOTH OF THESE SHOULD START OFF THE 1ST COUPLE WORDS IN BLUE AND THEN LAST FEW WORDS IN WHITE BUT WHEN I DRAG THE COLORS OVER TO THEM FROM ASSET PANEL, THEY TURNED GREY ON ME AND NOW I CANT CHANGE THE COLORS AT ALL. ITS LIKE THE CSS LOCKED UP ON ME THATS WHY I JUST WANT TO REMOVE THE CSS AND FORMAT THEM MANUALLY.) ***SORRY I TRIED ATTACHING THEM BUT IT SAID I ALREADY RECHED MY LIMIT, BUT LUCKILY THESE FILES ARE IN MY OTHER POST ENTITLED "TEMPLATE TEXT INSERTS" SO U CAN DOWNLOAD THE FILES THERE (POSTED 8/18/11)*** SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE.

Question #2) How do I make my list of 5 links land directly ont he right image on the gallery page which is one page with many vertically listed images so that link#1 lands directly on image #1 but link#3 lands halfway down that same gallery page right on image#3 and 5 lands on the bottom of that page etc.. (I know how to paste in the url to link to a nother web page, just dont know how to link to an image halfway down a page). Can I just browse the local image location from within the link field within the properties menu so that I just select the image location on my cpu where I want that link to take people to?

If you use Firefox add-on Firebug http://getfirebug.com/ it will show you what CSS applies to a particular html markup.

If you don't want to change the CSS that you already have, add a class to the end of the CSS file so that it isn't overwitten by previous styles and add in the class to the html markup like:-

CSS:-

.mystyle { color: red; }

Markup to add your class to style8 that is already there:-

<div class="style8 mystyle">.............</div>

Edited by Wickham