Real Simple Question That I Need Your Help With

Guest Axls Army

Guest Axls Army

To make $$$ I want to build a website that promotes my services as an advertising copywriter.

I don't need anything fancy.

I want the site to be ranked highly on Google & Yahoo.

I want to build my site brick by brick.

What is the best software for me to purchase to accomplish my goals? Please help.

Your brain. No software is going to build a good site unless you have AT LEAST the basic knowledge of HMTL and CSS. Having some graphic design skills is helpful to. Software like Expression Web or Dreamweaver are like Notepad on steroids. It's going to perform many nice functions but it's not going to build a site for you unless you understand the basic fundementals of web code.

A hammer does not build a house but giving the hammer to a skilled carpenter can.

A hammer does not build a house but giving the hammer to a skilled carpenter can.

Where have I heard that before? Now what am I to say to him... that is unfair!

A Nail gun does not build a house better than a Hammer, just faster.

Dreamweaver is that way, it does not build web sites better, just faster. I do most of my web work on free editors now.

Same say with tools, tools will not give you high ranking, money will. Good code and structure will help as will good content. Copy is a ghood niche if your good at it. To many sites get poorer ranking because their copy is bad and not rich enough. Hang around people like you are needed, just do not spam the board, but if someone is looking for it you can offer it.

Where have I heard that before? Now what am I to say to him... that is unfair!

What? :/ You said that? :rolleyes: Really? :o Ha! :P

I do remember hearing/reading that a few weeks ago. Maybe it was that old grand webmaster on this forum? :lol:

Guest roy van

Yeah, If you want to succeed in business online, you need at least basic knowledge in web design--basic html, css. It is very useful. Else, you can always tap others for help. There are a number of web design, [sPAM LINK DELETED] site update and maintenance service providers that are affordable yet provide services like what you need--you can go for it!

Mod Edit:

Since the following post refers to the deleted link - it pointed to siteu pdateserve.com

Edited by Andrea

• 3 weeks later...