Please Help! My Website Got Hacked

Steven

Hi everyone I am Steven, I am new here I am looking for some big help if possible. Recently it seems somehow my dj website got hacked. I get a message from norton internet security as a intrusion prevention everytime I visit my site now. Everything on my website seems to be gone, the page doesn't even display right. Before this it worked fine when I hosted with dreamhosts recently last year I switched my hosting with my web designer's ( who created the site) hosting provider because he owed me. This is the message I recieve "http malicious toolkit variant activity" risk high I can see the PC name and IP address it's always the same one everytime. I don't really know what to do. Do I risk losing my website? Please guide my through help. Thank you.

Can you sign on to the Host into the Cpanel or Web Host Account system?

Have a look and see if the files are still there? And replace them with your backup files... you DO have backups, right?

Wow, thank you for such a fast reply. the problem is my web designer has all this information it is now hosted through his hosting provider I don't know much about web design, hosting etc..I just needed a dj site and he designed it for me. He simply told me this "Your site got hacked, people are assholes, it happens" I feel betrayed when he told me this. I have all of the original information from dreamhost but now that it's hosted through him it would be useless correct? I have asked him these questions "are you sure it isn't your hosting provider that got hacked?" "you do have a backup of my site correct?" "maybe my password needs to be stronger?" no reply as of yet he is a very busy designer but I feel he is shady at times.

Well, the problem is that Google has identified either your site or the Host as suspicious.

Best thing to do is to seek out the suspicious 'file' and remove it from the Server, and then ask for a review by Google. There is a link at the Google interrupt screen to allow for that.

Hope the Designer has a backup.

Well, the problem is that Google has identified either your site or the Host as suspicious.

Best thing to do is to seek out the suspicious 'file' and remove it from the Server, and then ask for a review by Google. There is a link at the Google interrupt screen to allow for that.

Hope the Designer has a backup.

what exactly do I need? He says you got it all figured out. He's asking what you need? I'm a dumbass lol..

I have all of the original information from dreamhost but now that it's hosted through him it would be useless correct?
If by that you mean you have copies of all the files that were hosted on there, then you have a copy of the website at that point - minus any updates your former designer may have made - and then you can upload it so a new host.

Do you still have control of the domain name? You'll need to be able to redirect the URL to a new host.

You got cracked if anything, not hacked. Hackers are the good guys, hackers are at war with Crackers. You would ask a Hacker to get your site back from a Cracker who took it over to do damage. The press just got the terms mixed up years ago and the Hackers got the raw end of the deal. Hackers only hack sites with the owners permission. Unfortunatly I seem to have lost contact with my Hacker friend who could help you.

You could do a search or ask in forums for a Hacker. Then ask them what they do and what a Cracker is. If you get this answer, they are likely serious, if not they are punks who are trying to be.

You could do a search or ask in forums for a Hacker. Then ask them what they do and what a Cracker is. If you get this answer, they are likely serious, if not they are punks who are trying to be.

Yeah...my wife has been hacking all day and she says that she only needs crackers.

Oh? I forgot that this is not a medic forum.

NEVERMIND! :D

I have all of the original information from dreamhost but now that it's hosted through him it would be useless correct?
If by that you mean you have copies of all the files that were hosted on there' date=' then you have a copy of the website at that point - minus any updates your former designer may have made - and then you can upload it so a new host.

Do you still have control of the domain name? You'll need to be able to redirect the URL to a new host.[/quote']He told me he would zip the backup and send it to me when he has time. I do have a copy of the backup on my desktop computer, but that's currently not working at this moment, the computer's video card went out. I am going to upload it to a new host, my deadline is april 1st so my designer has said. He told me "did you get the email I sent out?" I say "no" he says, "well as of april 1st I will no longer have hosting so you need to find another hosts" I say "that's fine I will find another hosts hopefully before april 1st.

What about going back to Dreamhost? They are a reputable hosting company and they are "Green" if your into that whole saving the Earth thing. :)

I have to ask...what is 'Green' about Dreamhost that are different from other web hosting? And what is the percentage of 'Green' that gives them that label?

What about going back to Dreamhost? They are a reputable hosting company and they are "Green" if your into that whole saving the Earth thing. :)
I will probably go back to dreamhost the problem is it's too expensive for me right now. He was hosting my site free as a favor cause I've reffered his web design to other dj's, friends and have gotten him work. Edited by Steven

I have to ask...what is 'Green' about Dreamhost that are different from other web hosting? And what is the percentage of 'Green' that gives them that label?

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/05/plethora_of_opt.php