SPAM in the forums!

Deva

Yep, the moderators around here kick ass ... and spammers.

:clap:

I've relaxed the process of joining the forum because a lot of genuine users had trouble - I kept getting the emails. So I wanted to make it easier for them to join and post. My worry though was the spammers going wild.

That said, this forum has pretty good anti spam tools that make it pretty easy to find and kill spam posts. We wants to keep the neighborhood safe for the kids!

... The original forum was a nightmare!!

Stef

• 1 month later...

Take it up with Steph. But your signature links were deleted by moderators, and then you edited them and put them back in. If you put links back in that were taken out as spam, that makes you a spammer, so you were marked as one.

If you think the links should be left in, take it up with Steph and he will decide. If he OK's them he will tell us.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes various time various forums suddenly called us spammer, its really dishearten us. I think without warning, moderator should not do this, its not fair.

While misunderstandings happens, we generally don't call anyone spammer for no reason. Stuff like posting 'Great Info' along with unrelated links, or requesting a review for your website about the best underwater-basketweaving class taught at low prices IS spam!!

While misunderstandings happens, we generally don't call anyone spammer for no reason.

I will also delete responses that make no sense/provide especially bad advice, though that doesn't mark the forum member as a spammer. (for example, on a question where someone asked how to get started with Wordpress, someone responded "learn Wordpress, and then build a website." Responses like that aren't helpful and don't add anything to the conversation.

While misunderstandings happens, we generally don't call anyone spammer for no reason. Stuff like posting 'Great Info' along with unrelated links, or requesting a review for your website about the best underwater-basketweaving class taught at low prices IS spam!!

Thanks for good suggestions. Just we expect proper justification and I think warning system would be better for new member. Also as a new member we should read rules and regulations of forum at first.

I will usually blow a span post away. In some cases I will just edit a post and say why. Anyone can report a person as a spammer, not just moderators.

Replacing links that have been deleted is spamming. If you feel the links should not be considered that, you write the management, not re-edit them back in.

If you are serious and want to avoid a spam title, do not link to your site until you are known here.