US Navy Reunion Website

Guest Roger08534

Guest Roger08534

Hello,

I am new to your group and in need of some help. I belong to a US Navy reunion group. We were called the Gladiators. We have purchased a domain name, space on a host website and someone in our group is designing the website. We have purchased design software and have chosen a host provider. The software we are using is pretty user friendly for our purposes.

I am assisting on this site and not the project manager. Here is my question. In setting up the website we have a unique situation. Our reunion group is composed of 2 distinct squadrons. Each has its on history with planes used, ships sailed on and a whole bunch of different subjects. The reunion groups are combined into one group for reunions.

What I would like to do is be able open the website and have the user be able to look at one squadron or the other on the same website. My thoughts are to have a picture of each of the types of aircraft we flew on the front page. By choosing one of the two planes that squadrons information would appear.

The reason the 2 squadrons are together is due to the fact that one squadron changed and became the second squadron. The 2 squadrons are VF-62 and VA-106. VF-62 was established first and then changed by the US Navy and became VA-106. Both squadrons are completely different in the planes we flew and the missions we carried out.

Each squadron does have in common things such as their lineage history, dates they were in active service, commanding officers, aircraft, personnel etc etc...

The ideal would be to have an opening page with a picture of each type of aircraft and the selection of the aircraft would get you to that squadrons history information.

How does one do that? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Roger08534

I would create the index page with general info that concern both groups and then just link to each via a your navigation menu - if there are several pages that are unique to each group, then maybe with drop-down options.