lf_sidebar not lining up with main_content

grabenair

I just updated a site and thought I would cross browser check. Everything works fine in firefox, my conditional comment works in IE. Here's my problem in Chrome, Safari and Opera the left side bar border does not line up on top. Is there some kind of conditional comment like there is for IE. I have never ran across this problem before. The site is one I did for free for my cousin. The url is http:// www. roxanesmarine.com I tried experimenting and wrote a conditional comment like IE's but that did not work.

Fix it by applying a bottom border to your main_nav id instead of using the top borders on your left_sidebar and main_content.

Overall, I think you have a lot of redundant coding and divisions. What's the point of the image map?

Those little images on your index page would better be floated right and left. There are not alt tags on your images, and your CSS would be a lot cleaner and easier to work with if you used some shortcuts

Thanks Andrea, I thought of that about 30 min after I made this post. I guess I gave up to early. Yes you are right there is a lot of work to be done in the code. This was my first site I did it for class using Dream Weaver before I new anything about coding. The instructor was not very good, all he did was give us the book from adobe for Dream Weaver and worked through the chapters by myself. Most of the time he was not even in the class room. I left this site alone just because it all works. I am going back now and fixing it all. More external style sheets and such, and yes I was kinda of embarrassed to let someone look at the code.

Have a good day and thank you again