Any reason to use Zend framework over CodeIgniter?

Coreinsanity

I currently use (and like) CodeIgniter. But I keep hearing a bunch of people (Had a friend, and seen a bunch of videos) that hint that Zend Framework might be better.

I am wanting to know, why? What kind of Pros and Cons are there compared with CodeIgniter?

I am not dead set on using one over the other, as with a lot of things I imagine it depends on your needs.

I'm not personally a Zend user, so I'm not sure how much I can comment... However, my impression is that Zend tends to have a lot more features, but it's a lot "heavier" (in the number of files/file size) also requires more work to get up and running properly. Also, my impression is that Zend tends to be used more than CI in a corporate/enterprise setting. I like CI because it doesn't try to do everything and is still relatively lightweight, but provides a good framework for me to build on.

See http://codeigniter.com/forums/viewthread/56889/ for some more comments on this.

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, been real busy lately and forgot :/

Thanks for the link, was a good read. For now I think I am going to stick with CI, though. Mostly due to how simple and quick it is for me to set up, plus what you said.

After I finish teaching a friend of mine PHP I may check out ZF so both of us can sift through their docs and make sense of it better.