A new student

mr. magoo

Hi all. First post and probably the last for awhile... don't want to be a vampire! Anyway, I've resurrected my old site and right now I have help, but I'm in the process of DLing the Wordpress package (why does everything have to be so slow?). I'll check back in once I can get more of a handle on what I'm doing.

My Google-fu isn't the greatest and due to circumstances in my life, I'm so far behind the technological curve that I often don't understand instructions even if they're written down in front of me. A lot of that can be blamed on the VA's narcotics. I'm off now, but it's going to be a long road back.

Hah. I'm back! Thought I might go over the vids I DLed, but they're php files and QuickTime won't play 'em. Seems like every time I go to do something on this accursed machine, I have to back up and do it over or try something else. Stefan's instructions specified using QuickTime even though I'm running Win 7. So, how do I get these to play?

You are downloading this course? http://killervideostore.com/video-courses/complete-wordpress.php

If I understand this correctly, you should have downloaded several .zip files. Those files will contain either sources files (which are a mix of HTML/CSS/PHP, and the zip file should include "source files" in the file name) and videos (.mov files). The .php files you are seeing are probably source files, not videos. PHP files won't open in Quicktime.

You can access the files by going here http://www.killervideostore.com/user-login.php and entering in the email address associated with the Paypal account you used to purchase the course. There is also a video on that page that discusses how to download the files.

I don't really handle much support, so you may consider sending an email to stefan [at] killersites.com, and he should be able to help you more.

• 1 month later...

To both of our new members allow me to extend a warm welcome to you both. Mr.Magoo made a statement about asking questions. I can tell you from experiance that this community is a wealth of knowledge and has the best support staff that I have ever seen. Don't feel embarased to ask something if you don't understand, and when you get a good responce that helps you, vote the post up in the lower right corner, the contributor will appriciate it.