Twitter

lwsimon

Like some of the SEO experts we get here.

Titles are grand:

An employee testifying today was told that the expert in "Forensic Accounting"

As a Bodyguard I was a "Executive Protection Agent"

As a garbage man for the Army I was a "Sanitation Engineer"

and now of course Analyst/Programmer III

But the best is the FCC calling airplane crashes "Controlled Flight into Terrain"

Like some of the SEO experts we get here.

Titles are grand:

An employee testifying today was told that the expert in "Forensic Accounting"

As a Bodyguard I was a "Executive Protection Agent"

As a garbage man for the Army I was a "Sanitation Engineer"

and now of course Analyst/Programmer III

But the best is the FCC calling airplane crashes "Controlled Flight into Terrain"

Odd, but that last one makes the most sense - doesn't it mean that the pilot was in control of the aircraft when it impacted, but was either disoriented, or couldn't see where we was going?

• 3 months later...
Guest lonniepaiz
The advantage that Twitter has over blogs is that it is short, and personable. Because individual messages are short, they are easy to scan, and you don't waste a lot of time reading things you aren't interested in. Twitter messages can link off to blog posts, as Susie mentioned, and I really don't have a huge amount of time to keep up with a lot of blogs. Good content tends to rise to the surface, because others will retweet it, and people who spam/don't have quality content can be unfollowed. If there are people who post every single thing they are doing in the day, just don't follow them.

The other thing I like about it is that it's a dialog between people, and people can chat in real time. It isn't quite the same as instant messenger, but definitely more interactive than reading blog comments. Since it is open to the public, anyone who is following you can see your posts to other people, and they can comment as well. Post a question, and you could have an answer or suggestions within a couple minutes of your post. A blog can't do that, unless someone watches RSS feeds all day.

I completely agree with falkencreative.I also think so..

[link deleted]

I don't get twitter either. Seems it's whole function id to tell the world what u are doing at anyone moment, any where. I think

My wife uses facebook. which to me... seems the same in a way. When she writes on her own WALL, is is basically the same I think. Everyone knows what she is up too.:cool: