Html Or Xhtml? [Updated: 14 Sept. 2011]

LSW

• 1 month later...

...but lots of people are using HTML5 as it gives some extra benefits.

When you use a validator you just get a warning Using experimental feature: HTML5 Conformance Checker.

The validator checked your document with an experimental feature: HTML5 Conformance Checker. This feature has been made available for your convenience, but be aware that it may be unreliable, or not perfectly up to date with the latest development of some cutting-edge technologies. If you find any issues with this feature, please report them. Thank you.

Personally, I am using HTML5 but I don't use all the new features and I check on several browsers and hand-held devices using Opera Mobile Emulator http://www.opera.com/developer/mobile-emulator which gives lots of mobile devices to check.

Edited by Wickham

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

When I read your article it seems that the HTML are really amazing and honestly I am not so familiar with XHTML only HTML. What are the differences between XHTML and HTML by the way?

The answer is in the first post of this thread.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

There are some differences between html and xhtml. 

HTML is an acronym for Hypertext Markup Language. It is a document markup language that allows the author to present content in a structured manner, using codes like headings, paragraphs, lists, images, video and more. 

XHTML is an acronym for XML HTML. XML HTML is an extension of HTML that allows for greater structuring of the document with enhanced capabilities for coding and defining the document

XHTML is for Extensible Hypertext Markup Language. It has considered as a part of the XML markup language this is because of XHTML have features of both XML and HTML.

HTML is the Hypertext Markup Language which is the most widely used language on the internet. HTML has used to create web pages and link them from one to another. 

XHTML has developed to make HTML more extensible and adaptable to work with other data formats (such as XML).

HTML is not a programming language, it is a markup language.