Any IPage users out there? Various ?'s on hosting...

ninja101

I am a student of web design and will be building my first client's site over the next few weeks. She is interested in using IPage hosting and possibly their CMS. My question is, can i bring a custom html/css site into IPage and have my client update her content with their CMS? Also, if you have any recommendations for hosting and user friendly cms I would greatly appreciate it. The whole world of web hosting and cms is new to me and slightly overwhelming. I've looked into wordpress and joomla but don't know if those are good options for what I'm doing.

Thanks a bunch!

I've been hosting with iPage for quite a while and have no complaints. I have a couple Wordpress sites on their which I maintain myself. Wordpress is very versatile and while I don't know what your client needs, it is very versatile and you can do a whole lot with it - and it allows a client to make content changes.

But whatever you do - if you're thinking Wordpress - NEVER host with Godaddy.

Thanks. I would like to design my own custom sites, and am not interested in using templates. How does this work with the CMS in IPage? Do you use templates or design your own? I'm new to all this so have lots of ?'s...

I use Wordpress itself to update. I designed one template myself from scratch, the other one I found in the wordpress template library and modified.

To make updates, you log into the Wordpress Admin Panel - where the site is hosted, is irrelevant, and long as the host properly supports Wordpress, and iPage does.